Results of PEI Shellfisher meeting
January 7, 2015 at Travellers Inn, St. Eleanor’s Hwy, Summerside PEI at 1 pm
– hosted by PEI Shellfish Association.
35 fishers and growers – all card carrying members in attendance.
Is there interest in participating in the suggested Round Table re: Creating a Vision for our Industry and what might that look like.
The decision was that there was indeed interest. Keeping in mind that there remains no clear picture at this stage as to what that Table may look like; who might be at this table, the group decided that at this point and until such time as more details are in place, PEI SA’s participation would be dependent on four main conditions:
1. A clear message that PEI SA’s participation at the Roundtable in no way is an indication that the “Add A Species “ is endorsed by the public fishery.
2. Equal representation at the table. Participants include our small independent processors.
3. The minutes and/or summary of each Round Table meeting be accessible to our members (the day of- or shortly after the meeting). Understood by all parties that this information be published in our Website; Facebook page; and be available to all members on our email list. This will enable our members to remain informed throughout and keep the dialogue alive and relative. Face to face meetings can become quite expensive.
4. If the Round table looks like one seat per….there be an allowance within the Round table process for a admin support/ note taker/observer. Two volunteers stepped up to sit at table if indeed space was made at the table. President of the Association and the 2 volunteers if space is available.
All in favor – Show of Hands – Unanimous
Please let me know where we go from here. Feel free to email your suggestions and thoughts!
We want your input!
President PEI SA